|Sumár projektu:||Modern school has changed the understanding and approach not only to the teaching/learning methodology but it also does not fit in the traditional classroom. Keeping in mind that 21st century school has to develop young people's intercultural competences such as critical thinking, problem-solving, cooperation and collaboration, entrepreneurship and initiative, flexibility and adaptability ; the educational process has to go further, deeper and wider to satisfy the needs of the young generation who are European citizens. The globalization process requires to equip our students not only with the essential knowledge but also to develop their ability to be , to live and to act in the changing surrounding, to live together with others.
The main aims of our project are based on developing above listed competences of the project participants. The cooperation and collaboration with the project partners from Turkey, Slovakia, Latvia and Lithuania while accomplishing the planned project activities and creating the project products will lead to higher understanding of the importance of innovation and changes in education and personal development.
The main objectives of the project are:
- to motivate students and teachers for common work creating new or transforming old places into more attractive academic educational spaces both inside and outside the schools, creating learning/teaching materials;
- to increase the participants' motivation to learn foreign languages and develop ICT, new technologies and digital competences;
- to get to know other cultures and increase respect and tolerance towards others;
_ to promote participants' creativity and boost their imagination;
- to enhance international cooperation and intercultural understanding.
The participants of the project are four schools providing secondary education for 16-19 year old students in Lithuania, Latvia, Slovakia and Turkey. 28 teachers and 94 pupils will participate in learning/teaching/training activities during 20 days. The participants of exchanges will be the most active and highly motivated students . Each LTT activity has its title and focuses on a certain topic and methodology:
1) "Virtual spaces" (November 2019, Turkey) will concentrate on the use of modern technologies, online programs and platforms(e- Twinning) as virtual educational spaces;
2) "A story behind the history" (June 2020, Slovakia) will be devoted to using historic sites and structures, traditional crafts for educational purposes and spaces;
3)" Youth and Innovation in Nowadays Culture Space" ( October 2020, Latvia) will focus on use of cultural spaces and cultural awareness of partner countries;
4) "Thinking out of the box, learning out of the classroom" (May 2021, Lithuania) will concentrate on finding out the most unexpected places and forms of educational spaces . Each Learning/Teaching/ Training activity will combine a wide variety of tasks for participants: presentations of their schools/towns and countries, creating online lessons, learning and practicing new things, designing new learning/teaching spaces and materials as well as evaluation of the LTT activity itself. All the planned activities will be carried out through a learning by doing approach, by the end of the exchange we expect for our students an enormous increase of knowledge, competences and 21st century skills such as communication and collaboration/teamwork, creativity and innovation, critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making, meta-cognition and learning to learn, citizenship, life and career skills, personal and social responsibility, interpersonal skills and intercultural learning. The project activities will serve to achieve our aims and good practices will enrich our personal and professional capacity.
The main results of the project:
- The created or modified inside and outside spaces in partner schools for individual learning or just concentration or relaxation, for different events or students'/ teachers' interests.
- The interactive maps of project partner towns/cities will be created with the hidden sightseeing routes of the towns/cities with special educational tasks and evaluation criteria for the teachers and students to use. The leaflets of those routes.
-The digital photo album of educational spaces in partner schools at the beginning and at the end of the project.
- Visual teaching/learning materials will be created: online lessons (prepared using the tool "learning designer" (http://learningdesigner.org/).), videos, posters, apps,etc.
The benefits of the project will be witnessed not only in project partners' schools but other schools which we will share our ideas and materials with through dissemination activities. More attention will be devoted to make learning/ teaching environments more involving, thought-provoking, visually attractive and emotionally satisfying the diverse needs and emotional states of students, teachers and other school staff members.|