|Sumár projektu:||Early school leaving is a very important problem that is linked to unemployment, social exclusion, and poverty. There are many reasons why some young people give up education and training prematurely: personal or family problems, learning difficulties, or a fragile socio-economic situation. Some of the most common reasons that are common for all school partners in this project are addressed to a range of triggers and combines education and social policy, youth work and health related aspects. The published annual report of the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA) is quite alarming and this is certainly a reason to think and be engaged seriously to find effective methods and forms of prevention and fight against drug use.
The countries involved in this project proposal are: the Netherlands (coordinator school), Turkey, Slovakia, Spain, Cyprus and Estonia. The age range of students is 10-16. We expect that in total 2000 persons will be involved in the project.The aim of our project: ”Together we can” is to fight with unhealthy habits at school and everyday life of students through the development of a programme of prevention and involving students in activities promoting healthy lifestyle. We are going to have 7 meetings. First meeting will be held in Leiden for teachers and 3 teachers will participate for a THERAPON THINKING ERRORS workshop. There will be 5 LTTA in 5 different countries for students Exchange and for each meeting there will be 4 students and 3 teachers from each parner schools. Beside this there will be a Workshop Vygotski in Istanbul for teachers and again 3 teachers will participated to this meeting.
The project will create the following products: questionnaire about the use of drugs and cigarettes and measures for the fight with them, a brochure of national and international strategies, a culinary catalogue with healthy recipes in different countries, an encyclopedia “A road to success”, sports competitions , a CD with presentations, a CD with songs, workshops of healthy life habits, network of healthy habits, trans disciplinary lessons will be implemented, students will become teachers for a week in different lessons, a portfolio with lesson plans, meeting with doctors and experts will be carried out, flash mob and exhibitions, school partnership website. The project will promote tolerance, social cohesion and solidarity for the participating students through involvement in various activities.We will try to show students that healthy living including healthy habits and sports activities will change the way they live.
• All students will learn health-promotion and disease-prevention concepts and health-enhancing behaviors.
• All students will learn health-enhancing, personal, interpersonal, and life skills.
• All students will learn the physical, mental, emotional, and social effects of the use and abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
-constructing sportive activities and immerse them in the curriculum (100%)
-defining healthy life style and presentation of the ways of living in a healthy way (100%)
-expert presentations of psycho-active drugs, use of them, negative/side effects, how to get rid of them
-questionnaires on the eating and sports habits of pupils/local community (80%)
-trips to food production factories and informing students about suitable food packaging
-sharing experiences with good examples for example local sportspeople, if possible national successful sportsmen and women
-booklet consisting ways of healthy life, some recipes, and information on psycho active drugs
For this purpose, we will use the following resources (input)
-presentations and reports
-good examples of healthy life style, environment-friendly companies etc (sports people)
Indicators and measurement
- a committee of teachers including key persons of the project will monitor the implementation of the project throughout the project
- questionnaires and assessments first measuring the knowledge of students, parents and teachers about healthy life style, healthy food and policies of packaging and then at the end of the project comparing the results in order to see what the project has changed; (from 30% till 80%)
- observation of behavior change with the project made by the teachers and administrators;
- checking students’ school performances with reports;
- lesson reports and plans of the teachers who will include the ways of healthy life style, advantages of active life, food production and packaging policies in their lessons and feedback from the students;
- interviews/meetings at our schools with good examples or experts/doctors (for each project year), after the interviews, questionnaires asking about how these people and their experiences have improved their perception of healthy life
- self-assessment of the participants with self assessment grids;